Loveless: Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loveless: Redemption

The Loveless Role Playing Forum with Original Twists!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Welcom10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Lr_nav10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Lr_des11
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Promot10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Suppor10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Partne10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Unit_n10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Blank_10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Rogue_10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Fighte10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Sacrif10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Rp_wea10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Weathe10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Academ10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Fight_10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Club_v10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Fortun10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Tori_n10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Rp_nav10
Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  End_na10

Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

Location : Lost in the maze of life, but lucky for me I gotta a map!

Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Empty
PostSubject: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:14 am

Tsukiyoko sighed as her final class let out for the day. The lecture had been extremely boring, dry material. This situation was not helped in the slightest by the professor deciding to be just as, if not, more boring than the material he was teaching. Oh well, at least it was over now.

She gathered her books and other belongings and quickly made her way to the door. She just had to be out of there before….before what she wasn’t sure but it was something important. She had been jittery the entire day and she had no idea why. Something was telling that something huge, possibly life-changing was going to happen that day and Tsu wasn’t sure if she was ready to face it. It had already driven her to take her inhaler to school, something that she hadn’t had to do since her very first brush with college finals. All this stress really wasn’t good for her.

But she would have to face it; something deep within her told her that she would as she made her way out of the door and into the hallway. Once she had made her way into the semi-open area of one of the hallways, she let out a sigh of relief. Maybe she could run away for little while longer. It wasn’t like her, though. She usually faced her problems head on, no matter what it was.

But this….this just felt too huge to not be at least a little afraid of it. Of the change that it represented, but she would have to face it. Face the burning pull of her name and the thread that bound her to her partner that seemed to be shrinking by the day as if they were nearby and it no longer had as far to travel as far anymore. And that terrified her.

Tsu looked out of a nearby window; she needed to organize herself as best she could. Because she didn’t think that she would have to option of running away for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:23 am

Fubuki walked briskly down the hallway of his college as he tried to get to class without having to stop and talk to anyone. He was in no mood to deal with anyone right now. It didn’t show at all though considering his expression was the same as always; frigid cold and closed off.

He had somehow managed to wake up late that morning which was completely out of character for him. He took pride in his punctuality, so when he had woken up and checked his phone to find out that he had missed his first class, he understandably quite upset. He also took it as a bad omen for what the day was going to hold. He had no doubt in his mind that something big (and most likely bad) was going to happen today.

One of his friends spotted him and waved, but were met with absolutely no reaction. Usually, he would at least wave, but not today. He briefly wondered why he was even friends with that person, but was distracted by the sight of a girl in the hallway that stopped him dead. He felt his heart start to thud hard and fast in his chest. His breathing became slightly erratic as he spotted The Thread that connected her to him.

‘Of course it’s a girl. A name like Devoted has to have at least one girl in the pairing,’ was his first thought before it really clicked and he felt the urge to turn around and pretend he never saw her. He had hoped that he would end up with someone that looked like they could last in a battle. This girl just looked small and almost fragile, but he had to admit her hair was almost… nice. That urge was complete erased a second later as the urge to protect her from everything filled him. Before he could stop himself, Fubuki began to walk towards her; as if being pulled by an unknown force. He stopped about a foot away from her.

“It’s you,” His usual super frosty voice was very slightly colored in awe. His hand reached out as if to touch her, before he quickly pulled it away. It then occurred to him that they were standing in a crowded corridor and it was no place to have the ‘So you’re my Unit Partner’ conversation. He jerked his head in in the direction behind him and said with a now completely cold voice, ”If you would please follow me. I believe we need to discuss some very important things, and this is hardly the place to have such a conversation.”

Well, he wasn’t making it to his second class either apparently. He was going to have so much to make-up, he just knew it, but it was most likely worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://skinnydefenselessstilesnipple.tumblr.com/
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:12 am

Oh no, oh no, oh no, the pull was getting worse. That could only mean that…. But she wasn’t ready for this, not in the least. Oh please not now with her about to pass out.

A cold voice interrupted her thoughts, demanding her attention instantly. She turned quickly to look at him, taking in his features quickly. He wasn’t too scary looking, thank goodness for that, a little cold perhaps but not scary. In fact, he was quite handsome actually; she fought down the blush that threatened to erupt across her face. She would try to be cool and collected. Tsu was going to do her best not to embarrass herself.

Um,…sure, I suppose that I could go with you for n-now. But shouldn’t w-we at least know each other’s names f-first? I’m Tsukiyoko Delaine but you c-can call me Tsu for short if y-you like,” she said meekly, trying desperately not to shake in her boots. But she had a feeling she was failing spectacularly. So much for cool and collected; her unit partner, boy that was weird to say, must think she was a total loser.

His hand had reached out to touch her though. Maybe that means that he might like her or at least the idea of her presence in his life. That was a good start or at least she hoped that it was. As if to remind her why this might go horribly wrong, she felt her lungs burn even more from the stress. She fought to keep her suffering quiet. The last thing that needed to happen right now was to tell him he’s stuck with her and she was sick and might slow him down. He didn’t seem like the kind of guy to accept something like that.

W-where would y—you like to go?” she asked, clutching her books even tighter to her chest as if they would shield her from the terrifying situation at hand. Her whole world would never be the same after this moment. For good or bad, it was irrevocable changed.
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Fubuki watched her with a cold glare as she sputtered. He couldn’t believe he had ended up with such a meek and terrified looking person. How was she supposed to last in battle if she couldn’t even talk to him? The girl looked like she was about to keel over from fear any second and all he had done was asked her to talk somewhere more private.

The only good thing he could find in this horrible situation was that she at least knew what she was and that they were connected. He would rather have a bumbling fool that knew something about their world than one who knew nothing. Fubuki didn’t want to have to deal with such a person.

He wasn’t sure why, but something told him that there something was off about her. He couldn’t figure it out though. Fubuki grimaced while he ran his eyes over as he really took her in. She was even more delicate looking than he previously thought. He could feel the urge to pull her close and protect her from the world and whatever was troubling her filling him, but he pushed it away. He would not go easy on her just because of their bond. He refused to be part of a weak Unit.

His expression hardened and folded his arms before responding in a frigid voice,  “I am Fubuki Kanzai, Delaine-san. Let’s just find somewhere quiet.”

He did a quick turn on his heel, dropped his arms, and started back down the hallway. He figured she would follow. He kept walking until he found a small deserted hallway where they could have a private conversation. He leaned against the wall before folding his arms once more as he waited for her to say something else.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Oh great, he hated her all ready. That much she could read from his demeanor but the rest seemed to be buried underneath a thick wall of ice. In that case, his name really fit him; he seemed as cold as a blizzard would be.

She knew she looked delicate but she was tougher than she looked; she’d had to be. Many less honorable units would often go after the weak looking or those that were alone, thinking them easy prey, so she’d already had to defend herself from those particular sacks of garbage. Remembering that, she gathered her courage and forced down the pain from her burning lungs. She hadn’t backed down from her illness or from those losers who thought she was weak, so there was no way that her own Fighter was going to take her down. No way, no how.

So she followed behind him quietly, sensing that was what he wanted. He didn’t exactly seem like the type to like talking much. She felt a slightly tingling in her fingers and then remembered how tightly she holding her books. So she released the death grip on them. She didn’t need a shield anymore. She was going to pour her courage into this encounter and whatever happened, she would do her best to be ready.

Once they stopped walking and the noise from the rest of the students faded a bit, she noticed that he was waiting for her to make the first move. Great, either he was the quiet type (highly likely from what she had seen), a jerk (also likely), or one of the extremely traditional Fighters who couldn’t do anything without their Sacrifice’s permission. Oh please, don’t let him be one of those. She really couldn’t deal with one of those as it would break her heart. She had heard of the horror stories of trying break that conditioning and it hardly ever worked. She didn’t want to rule someone’s whole existence; she just wanted them to get along at the very least, not own him.

Now to find out which type he was, “ All right Kanzai-san, how about we start with the basics? You know, the standard getting to know you things.”
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:00 pm

“The basics? I’m 23. I attend Seven Moons along with this college. My family runs a dojo that I am next in line to inherent. I am skilled in using a sword. I was born and raised in Japan,” He rattled facts off in the usual tone of voice while staring her dead in the eye. He shifted his weight and rolled his shoulders before adding, “I take it that you don’t attend Seven Moons, so it would be in the best interest of both of us for you to enroll. I don’t know what kind of training you have received, but I can guarantee you that Seven moons can provide you with much better, Delaine-san.”

Fubuki noticed she had stopped shaking and looked more brave. That was somewhat better, but he still couldn’t get rid of the feeling that something was just off. It was driving him insane that he couldn’t put his finger on it. He glared even harder as he tried to figure out what was wrong it was.

He let out a small snarl of anger.

“Now you, Delaine-san. What are your ‘basics’?” He asked in a mocking and sarcastic way. He unfolded his arms and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He almost hoped that she would tell him that she was a fully trained Sacrifice and that he wouldn’t have to deal with some weakling, but he doubted that was the case. People attended Seven Moons for a reason.

He groaned internally as he realized that when his friends from there realized that his partner was this girl, they would never let him live it down.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:47 pm

All right, it was time for the good news, bad news game. Good news: He wasn’t a super traditional Fighter that would try and make her his “owner”. Bad news: Everything else it seemed. And there was no way that she was going to let that slight against her mother stand. Granted, he had no idea that she had been trained by her mother, but it was horribly rude nonetheless. Though it was pretty cool that he was a swordsman, too bad he was such a jerk though.

My basics, as you have so kindly asked, Kanzai-san,” she stated calmly, her voice lacking much of it usual warmth,” are: I’m 19, born and raised here as well but my mother is from America. I’m going to this college to be a veterinarian and I work part time at a local pizzeria to help pay my way through school. I also have two older brothers and they’re going to just love you, I can tell.”

She smirked lightly, the expression looking very out of place on her face, before continuing,” As for my training, that is none of your concern. I am already fully trained by my mother and the winner of eight out the eight battles that I’ve been in. You may have heard of them since all of my opponents came from Seven Moons. I found their so called “Superior Training” useless. None of them even managed to hurt me, much less, and I’m directly quoting from one of them here, “bring me to my knees where stupid whores like me belong”. I believe a Mister Tonra said that but I can’t be sure. I was too busy trying to keep my brother from killing him since his mouth wrote a check that his paltry skills couldn’t cash.”

Wow, that had felt good to say. She needed to remember those things about herself. She wasn’t weak and he would soon find out that she didn’t need him around if she didn’t like him. She wasn’t going to be one of these Sacrifices whose be all and end all was their partner. She had gotten along just fine without him before and she could continue to do so if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Fubuki felt a smile tug at his lips at the girl’s words, but he quickly tampered it down. He couldn’t help but to admit that she wasn’t as bad as she seemed to be earlier. She was actually quite amusing, and was extremely easy to provoke apparently. Then again, it could be just him. He tended to have that effect on people.

“What can I say? I’m a lovable person,” He replied dryly.

As she went down, his amusement slowly disappeared. At first, his anger was due to the fact he had been proven wrong by her; that was something he never took well. As she talked however, he became extremely mad at what had been said to her. He knew their was jerks that attended Seven Moons, but he never figured that they would attack a Fighterless Sacrifice, much less one that looked so… sweet… and innocent. Who was he kidding though? Of course, someone would do that. The world was filled with people like that, but it still pissed him off to no end. She didn’t deserve such treatment. It helped that someone had been there with her and that she had beat them, but a tiny bit; he was still beyond angry.

He clenched his hands as glanced away from the smirking girl. He just wished he could have been there to help put them down. He wished he could run his sword through their pathetic stomachs, but wishing was for fools, and he was no fool.

Under all the anger, a small part of him was yelling that he shouldn’t be this worked up that for all he knew, she would just walk away. She would just give up on him. He knew he wasn’t an easy person to deal with. He was cold and had no urge to be social. The friends he did have were more of the ‘Hi. Bye.’ kind. They never really hung out. Most just talked to him at school at that was it. So, despite knowing all this; why was he so mad?

Then it hit him; the bond. Of course, the first time he feels something besides cold distaste for someone in quite a while, its because of some ridiculous bond.

He pushed that small part of him away and focused on the girl in front of him once more. He would have to sort out his feelings later.

“Who were they? Who did it?” He growled out. He just had to know.

Taking a deep breath, he pushed everything away and let the cold distaste he felt earlier fill him once more. His face was no longer twisted in a sneer that had somehow found it’s way into his expression. It became the usual cold mask.

“Okay, so you’ve had training. I should give you my number in case you need to reach me. I hope this will be a good partnership. However, don’t become useless. I don’t deal with the useless,” He said with his trademark cold voice. He supposed this was a lie considering she could just order him to stay with her, but he wasn’t going to point that out. He pulled out a piece of scrap paper and wrote his number down before handing it to her.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Tsu felt her eyebrows rise a bit at the change in his demeanor. He almost seemed…angry. Yeah, he was. Angry and on her behalf too, she could work with that. She had gotten a nice read on him now and had figured out exactly what was going on. Or at least a good theory about what was going on at any rate.So would try a slightly different tactic to test her new theory.

She smiled brightly at him,” Worried for my sake, that’s so sweet of you.”

She was just going to try and act a little more like her usual self. As much fun as being tough and strong was on occasion, it wasn’t really in her to be like that all the time. She was a bit of a sap and she knew that well. There was no point in lying about since it would be quickly noticeable after they got to know each other well enough. Yes, this was best. It was tiring being tough.

She had to admit that she was surprised that he asked about who had challenged her though. It was in the past so why did it matter that she had been challenged? Then it hit her, he might be concerned about his reputation at school. That would make sense. I mean, who wanted to get beaten by a Sacrifice like her. She’d better apologize then.

I’m sorry if I embarrassed you at school. I know it must be embarrassing to be beaten by someone like me so they may have bothered you about it,” she said with self-depreciating smile,” I didn’t mean to cause you trouble before we even met. I hope you can forgive me. But I swear I only fought those that challenged me first. So uh…” Yeah try and stop babbling now. That would be awesome.

Oh yeah they would need to exchange numbers wouldn’t they? She gingerly took the number in her hand but decided to be diplomatic about that useless comment considering he had no idea how right he might be. She quickly wrote her own down since he probably didn’t want to waste any more time on her at the moment.

No, I suppose you don’t,” she said with a somewhat fond note in her tone. She didn’t know why but she felt like he needed a friend at that moment. She smiled at him again, though it was much more subdued,” I hope this will be a good partnership as well, Kanzai-san. Maybe we could even be friends if you like but that would be up to you. I want to make sure that you know this, so please pay attention.”

She held out her number before continuing,” No matter you may have been taught about becoming a Fighter. I want you to know that I don’t expect you to constantly have to be around me or hang on my every order. In fact if you don’t want to, we never have to see each other again and I will completely understand. Being in a unit isn’t only about being in battles, it’s also about a bond… a bond that means this person is a part of you in a way that no else can ever match. Be it friendship ,or love, or even hatred, this person has a place in your heart that is special. And call me sentimental, but I would like to have that bond and I hope that you would want that too. I want us to be equals, so that means that you have as much power as I do in this partnership.”

Then she realized that she was babbling and the blushed quite a bright shade a pink at that,” But uh… yeah…so there’s that. If you want to contact me, you can reach me at that number but if you don’t that’s fine too. It was nice to just be able to meet you and know who you are. That was more than enough, Kanzai-san. Thank you for that and for your time.”
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:03 pm

If asked, Fubuki would vehemently deny that he felt his face grow slightly hot when she had gave him that bright smile. The heat fell away when she went on to apologize about how she must have embarrassed him at school which wasn’t even true. He didn’t even know that she was battling at all. No one had ever approached him and let him know that they had encountered his other half. He felt his anger rise once. There were people who knew who was his Sacrifice and never bothered to let him know. How could they even do that? How could they deny him that knowledge. He took a deep breath and forced it out slowly to calm himself. He was letting himself get to worked up. He never got worked up and that only added fuel to the fire.

“I didn’t know anything about you or that you had been fighting battles alone until now. I’m not upset that you embarrassed me; its that no one ever mentioned that they had come across you.”

He took the paper with her number and pocketed it before nodding to show that he would listen to whatever she said.

He wanted to laugh when she mentioned that he didn’t need to hang on her every order. He was never really the type do that. Sure, he would listen to her order with absolute obedience, but he didn’t need her approval for everything he did. However, her next words caught him off guard. They made sense, but it forced him to considered if he truly didn’t like the girl in front of him or if he was trying to keep up his walls. He supposed that if he wanted that bond with her to grow, he wanted it not to be filled with hatred. Hatred didn’t sound like a healthy bond to have, and it probably would weaken their bond. He wanted a strong bond. Something that would hold its weight against other bonds.

It wouldn’t hurt to try, he guessed.

“I suppose we might as well try to get along. We should probably meet up sometime soon and talk more though.”

He nodded and almost let out a chuckle at the blush that spread across her cheeks. Even he had to admit that it was kind of cute. He held out a hand, so they could shake and said, “I will contact you sometime soon. But before you go, I have to know; is there something wrong with you? I just… have this feeling.”

He needed to know or it would bug him until the next time they talked.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:25 pm

She was stunned that no one had mentioned it to him. Wow, you would think someone would bring it up or something. But she didn’t really know how things were done at Seven Moons. Maybe you didn’t tell them or something? What a weird practice to have if that was the case.

Odd, you’d think that someone would tell you they’d battled me. Weird and really rude if you ask me,” she replied, honestly confused.

She smiled when he mentioned meeting up with each other again. Good, he seemed to like the idea of them having a bond with each other; that made her very happy.

I’m glad,” she said, hoping that her joy would translate well,” I can’t wait to get to know you better.”

But his next question put a quite the damper on her joy however. There it was. She had been dreading having to explain this, worried about how he might take it. About how she sick she really was, no matter how much she may want to deny it to herself. But more than that, she was surprised that he had picked up on that so quickly. Not good, it would be difficult to hide it from him if they really got to know each other well. Oh but that wasn’t a good thing to do either was it? She really wasn’t good at being honest about it since it always made people treat her differently. But he deserved to know the truth… even if it was something that he couldn’t work with.

She laughed a sad little laugh but told him the truth,” Frankly, I’m surprised that you noticed it. Not many people do when they first meet me. But yes, there is something wrong, Kanzai-san and you deserve to know given the circumstances,” deep breath, you can do this,” You see, I have this…lung disorder. We don’t really know what it is but I’ve had it most of my life and it makes me very ill. As in coughing up blood, passing out and having to go the hospital for few days ill. I have medication that I take when it’s too much or if I push myself too hard. But yes, it is pretty serious condition.

She looked him square in the eye for the last part however, placing every bit of her iron stubbornness in that gaze,” But let me make this perfectly clear. I’ve never let it slow me down, not in spell battles or in anything else and I never will. I can take the punishment a lesser Sacrifice could only dream of since I’m used to pain. Pain is something I feel with every breath I take, to point where now it doesn’t even register on my radar. Pain and I have been friends long before I knew I was a Sacrifice. But if my illness bothers you, then you can leave, because it’s not going away now or ever. "
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Fubuki felt a little tug at his heart when she let out that sad laugh, but that was nothing compared to how it felt when his stomach dropped at her words. He was stunned. Stunned, scared, and angry all at the same time. His mind went to war. One portion was dedicated to the fact that he was stuck with someone that could potentially hold him back if she ended up in the hospital. Another portion pointed out that if she could take the pain then it would make up for the hospital part. The largest part though was filled with the fear that he would lose her. That he could lose his one and only partner at any moment. He wasn’t sure that was exactly true. Maybe she would die so easily, but it still terrified him. He could protect her from physical things, but how was he supposed to protect her from an illness? How was he supposed to protect her from basically herself?

“I..”

How was he supposed to tell her that he would still stick with her and that he wouldn’t run at just that? He refused to let something like an illness keep him away from the person he had been searching for. He had spent so much time just looking for her and he decided that he would make this work because she was his only partner. He didn’t get to trade her, so he would make the best of it. To be honest, he had probably ended up lucky. She could have been some crazy dictator of a Sacrifice. He knew ones like that. Ones who controlled their Fighter’s every movement and breath. He didn’t want someone like that. He needed to be able to breath when he wanted to.

“I am able to deal with it, but don’t expect me to feel bad for you if you get injured and start complaining then. You better be able to back up what you are saying.” The words came out colder than he had meant them too. He had wanted to say something reassuring, but before he could, he had went and spouted something cold and unfeeling.

He was so used to being like that though. It was his way of protecting himself, he supposed. A defense mechanism. He really hoped that the fact he was so cold wouldn’t push her away like it had so many others.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:57 pm

As she watched the emotions play out across his face, she felt a little bad at expecting the worse from him. She hadn’t even considered the fact that maybe he might be worried for her health instead of just his battle prowess. How thoughtless of her. She hadn’t even thought about how scary that must be for a Fighter since it was their job to protect their Sacrifice. How were they supposed to protect their Sacrifice from they couldn’t fight, no matter how good they were at spells? She felt terrible about not even thinking about that side of it. She resolved to make it up to him somehow.

Plus, she had a feeling that he wasn’t used to being emotional since he seemed like a tightly controlled kind of guy. It must be hard him to have to rely on someone else and not even be sure that he could count on them. She would resolve to be more understanding of that and not get mad if he said something insensitive from time to time.

She couldn’t help but laugh when he said he wouldn’t leave though. Not at what he said exactly since that was really cold and uncaring. Oh no, it was the look on his face after he said it. He seemed to be kicking himself for saying the wrong thing, all but coming out and confirming her theory himself. Poor guy, he really didn’t know how to talk to people did he? But he seemed to be pretty easy to read once you knew the secret. At least, that seemed to be true so far. She didn’t really know him all that well yet after all so she could be wrong.

No worries, Kanzai-kun,” she said sweetly,” I understand what you mean. And I promise that you can count on me.

And besides, I have the feeling that if someone managed to get that far, you wouldn’t take it too well. I imagine that they’d find themselves on the business end of some family heirloom katana or something,” she said sweetly, happy that he seemed all right with his protector role. Her brother, Kukaku, could finally take a break and relax from guard duty every once in a while. That would make her very happy. He spent so much time worrying about her and maybe now he could start doing some things for himself for a change.
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Fubuki raised an eyebrow when the other laughed at his cold hearted words. Was she unaffected by them? Or did she see through them? He hoped it was the latter. His hopes came out to be true as far as he could tell with her next words. He let out a mental sigh of relief at the words.

Her next words caused him to chuckle, because he knew them to be completely true. He would not hesitate to use his sword on whoever decided to threaten his Sacrifice. He had a feeling he would even be at the end of one for her if he had to. He looked at the wall behind her before letting his body relax against the cold wall behind him. He just felt exhausted all of a sudden. It was more of a mental exhaustion than a physical one though, but still. He just wanted to go home and sleep for a couple years.

It was all the emotions that were swirling inside him, no doubt. He wasn’t used to his feelings just running free like he was in some dramatic novel. He folded his arms and looked back at Tsukiyoko.

“Delaine-san, is there anything else left for us to talk about or is this it? I do have classes to attend, after all,” He asked while straightening back up.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:02 am

She smiled when he relaxed a bit, though she doubted that he even noticed his posture changing since it was so subtle. Wow, she was getting better at this whole “reading body language” thing. Her mom would be proud. Plus, with this rather closed off Fighter of hers, she had a feeling that she was going to need that skill more than ever. But all in all, it could totally be worse. So he was a little cold, she could work with that and he might open up after a while so it might not even be that bad. She’d gotten lucky it seemed.

And then all the air seemed to be let out of him like a balloon. He looked tired, not that she could blame him; she was pretty tired herself. This meeting had taken a lot out of her as well. Since he knew about her condition now, she supposed it wouldn’t hurt to soothe her lungs. She took her inhaler out of her pocket and took a quick sprits of it, feeling the burning achy feeling abate a little. Ah, that was better. Now the walk home wouldn’t be a nightmare, since it should keep working long enough for her to get there and rest.

She was startled when he spoke again. Wow, she had gotten comfortable with his presence really quickly there hadn’t she? She would have to watch that, not because she thought he would hurt her but someone else might take advantage of that.

Oh…ah…yes, that’s it. Of course you have other classes, how silly of me.” she said, embarrassed that she hadn’t considered that,” I’m so sorry to keep you, Kanzai-kun. I hope you haven’t missed too much on my account.”

With a soft smile, she bowed as much her books would allow,” I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day and take care.”  

She couldn’t wait to get home and tell her family that she had met her Fighter. They would be so excited to hear about it! At least, she hoped they would. But really, who knew how her family would take it. This was something that all of them had been both dreading and hoping for everyday since they knew her name had appeared. Actually, since all their names had appeared.  But maybe this could help get rid of some of their fears but then again she didn’t know him all that well yet, so she wouldn’t be able to get rid of all their fears.
Back to top Go down
Fubuki

Fubuki

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Fubuki felt an ache deep inside at the sight of her using that inhaler. It still shocked and scared him that his Sacrifice had such a horrible disease. He balled his hands into such tight fists that his fingernails dug into his palms. He didn’t even notice the prickles of pain though. He was too distracted by the urge to protect her from something he couldn’t actually protect her from. Was it always going to be like this? Was he always going to want to protect her from EVERYTHING? What would he do if she actually got hurt? Would he lose it? Would he kill someone?

He had a feeling he would.

The thoughts and questions became almost overwhelming and he knew he had to get out of there before it became too much. He refused to be one of those people who just hovered over their Sacrifice while trying to protect them from something as simple as a papercut.

“It’s fine, but I must go now. I can’t afford to miss my next class. It’s… a major… class,” He hoped she couldn’t tell he was lying, “I hope you have a good day, Delaine-san. Goodbye.” A smile broke the cold expression as he rolled his shoulders and began to walk towards his next class. Sure, he had tons of time before it started, but he needed some time to think over everything that just happened.

To be honest, he didn’t really want to go to class. He just wanted to go home. Actually, that was a good idea. He had already missed one of his classes, so what was a couple more?

[Fubuki Kanzai has Tori University]
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 6:22 am

She watched him tense up before he left. Maybe it had been too soon for her to being pulling her inhaler out in front of him. It might have made the whole thing a little too, what was the term for it, “real” for him. But she really had needed it so maybe it hadn’t done too much damage. The poor guy had looked so overwhelmed though. She hoped that he would be all right. Her mother had said that meeting your partner could be taxing, even if the meeting went well. And she had just dropped a nasty bombshell on the guy on top of all the first meeting stress too.  

But he had smiled before he left. That was probably a good sign and it had been a very nice smile. It had made his face look very …handsome. She felt her face heat up as she thought about it. She shook her head lightly as if to shake the thought from her mind. But the blush on her face wouldn’t go away.

After taking a few moments to get herself back under control, her mind was just so scattered, she made her way toward the front of the school. Along the way, she went over everything that had happened in her mind, trying to find the best way of explaining it to her family. Tsu really had no clue how they would take it. While on the one hand, they’d be thrilled that she had found her partner but on the other, they might be worried about what that might mean. How would it shake up the structure of their family? As weird as that might sound to someone who had no experience with the unit world, it actually was a pretty big deal.

It could literally change her whole world but maybe…just maybe, it would all work out.

[ Tsukiyoko has left Tori University and has gone to Let the Games Begin!]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?    Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a sweet dream or beautiful nightmare?
Page 1 of 1