Loveless: Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loveless: Redemption

The Loveless Role Playing Forum with Original Twists!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hunger's Abode  Welcom10
Hunger's Abode  Lr_nav10
Hunger's Abode  Lr_des11
Hunger's Abode  Promot10
Hunger's Abode  Suppor10
Hunger's Abode  Partne10
Hunger's Abode  Unit_n10
Hunger's Abode  Blank_10
Hunger's Abode  Rogue_10
Hunger's Abode  Fighte10
Hunger's Abode  Sacrif10
Hunger's Abode  Rp_wea10
Hunger's Abode  Weathe10
Hunger's Abode  Academ10
Hunger's Abode  Fight_10
Hunger's Abode  Club_v10
Hunger's Abode  Fortun10
Hunger's Abode  Tori_n10
Hunger's Abode  Rp_nav10
Hunger's Abode  End_na10

Hunger's Abode

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:47 am

Mace's parents shipped him off to Japan, and are therefore paying for his home. Well, partly, at least.

The house is on a hill; it seems like a one story, but is actually two, with the sliding glass doors and patio leading to a set of steps and straight to the beach. From downstairs, the guest bedroom (Kyo's) leads straight to the sand. His own bedroom is the same as the living room, with it's own set of steps to the beach.

Hunger's Abode  14u850y
When one first enters Mace's home, the Kitchen is to the right, with the dining room to it's left, and the living room is to the right, leading to the patio and the beach.
Spoiler:
A hallway is to the left of the living room, with Mace's bedroom at the end, his bathroom to the left (connected to his room) and the staircase behind a door to the right. The guest bathroom is also to the right.
Spoiler:
Downstairs is Kyo's bedroom, bathroom, and Mace's office.
Spoiler:
There is also a large, open space downstairs that Mace isn't sure what to do with just yet.

---------

They pulled up to the house with Mace biting his lip and blushing. What would Kyo think? Would he see Mace as some extravagant person, with too much house for one person? He wouldn't be wrong, per se. The house was quite large, especially for it only being him, sitting down in his office with his head in his hands, trying to figure out what to do with himself. His hands itched for a bottle to be flipping or pouring into a cup, and a large part of him wanted to be teaching again. It was why he was originally on his way to Seven Moons. But he never craved the actual contact of people. He still wanted to be distant. Yes, he wanted to help them, but he also wanted to stay away...

They pulled into the garage carefully and Mace shut the car off, turning to look at Kyo with a small, lopsided smile. "Welcome home, Kyokeita." he said softly, opening his door and getting out without waiting for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Kyo held his tail all the way there. Careful not to shed any of his fur in the clean car. He would feel bad if he did let alone he didn't want to be put out for placing fur on his valuables. Soon they pulled up to the house and Kyo was blown away. This place was on the beach?! and it was large which got his attention quite fast. "Woah" he said looking at the outside even well after they parked.

Once Kyo stepped out he followed Mace into the house. Wood flooring, Fresh scent, beautiful place Kyo almost didn't want to step inside. "This place almost looks like a magazine book. So perfect and beautiful. I almost don't want to step in it" He said as he removed his shoes. He slowly walked in and smiled at the place. "It is a beauty Mace"
Back to top Go down
http://theartistconcept.com
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Mace snorted, dropping his keys on the counter and turning to smile at Kyo. "Don't be afraid to walk in, Kyo, here-" he reached forward, grabbing Kyo's hand and taking it off the man's tail. "Fur isn't a problem, stop worrying." he dropped the hand and turned back around, taking a few steps past the kitchen and into the house. "So, the grand tour. Would you care for one?" he smiled, looking out the glass door at the beach. Maybe Kyo being here would liven the place up a bit. Secretly, Mace hoped so. He had been a lifeless robot for so long, maybe the contact would do him good... God only knew...
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 pm

To Kyo this place would actually rival any home featured in the magazines to date. So clean and yet the furniture fit the place perfectly. Nothing mixed up or things out of the twilight zone. Every woman wishes for houses like these and yet Kyo gets to stay in one. For how long is another question he has yet to find out. But for now he will enjoy the moments he had a roof over his head. He was so struck by the place he blushed when he felt Mace's hand take his own. "But I-" He started and didn't quite get to finish as Mace pulled him inside. Kyo was so worried that he might actually shed everywhere which is something he really wanted to avoid doing at all costs if it was possible.

Once inside he looked around but refrained from touching anything. Some people get really grouchy if you misplace their things or so much as touch it. "Are you sure? I mean I really don't want to like....you know....mess up your home." He said a bit worried but he soon relaxed when Mace offered to give him a tour. He smiled warmly and sighed. "That would be lovely. I don't need to be in off limit areas and get in trouble." he said with a smile as his tail very slowly began to wag behind him.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 pm

"You're not going to mess anything up. Relax." He rolled his eyes, standing in the middle of the open part of his house. "Living room, dining room, kitchen." he pointed to each of the rooms respectively, smiling lopsidedly at the wolf. "There aren't any rooms off limits, Kyo. If you want to find me, I'll most likely be in my room, or in the office downstairs. C'mon." He gestured with his head down the hallway, but he stepped forward, toward Kyo. Mace held his hand out with an expectant expression. "Let me carry your bag. You're my guest, after all, even if it is your home as well, now."

Mace silently wondered why Kyo was so worried about messing things up. He doubted the teen even shed, despite the ears and tail. The only reason his house was so spotless was because he'd holed himself up in his room, using only the basic things he needed. Beer, towels for the shower, his bed, and his toothbrush. Everything was clean, but it was also so... sparse. Empty. His house, no matter what he called it, wasn't a home. Maybe the snowy haired young man would help him turn it into one.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 pm

He secretly wondered if Mace even used the other parts of his house. It kind of didn't seem like he did but then again you never really know when it comes to people and places like this. To Kyo living by yourself in such a spacious place can be quite....scary. Not something he would do on his own that is for sure. So spotless and Kyo was going to make sure that it stayed that way for sure. At least until he found a job to help pay for the bills and such. The last thing he needed was to be a burden on this nice man who opened up his home to Kyo. Keeping his tail as close to his body just in case as he looked around and smiled once Mace started their little tour.

"It is compact and yet spacious at the same time. Very little walls which makes the space open. I like it." he said with a smile as he slowly followed the other. Mace seemed to be excited and that made Kyo smile a bit. "Sorry I am a bit nervous when I am invited anywhere. Especially into someones nice home like yours for example." Kyo mentioned as he scratched his head a bit. "You have a downstairs too? Just how big is this place anyways?" He asked as he handed his bag over. Mace will notice just how light the duffle really is. Kyo didn't have time to pack much so he had very little to carry as of right now.

Last edited by Kyo on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Mace grabbed the bag and turned around, taking a step before realizing how light it was. With a furrowed brow, he looked down. Surely the blank hadn't come with only a few sets of clothes?? "Kyo, is this all you have? You didn't forget a bag at the hotel or anything?" He turned to face the young man with a concerned expression. How long did Kyo expect to be around here, two days?
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:38 pm

This place? His home too??? Well that certainly brought about some questions and honestly Kyo really didn't know how to answer. A total stranger opened his place up to him and here he was going to be allowed to stay here in this spacious house. Kyo came here without a clue in the world on what to do and who to see and yet this man has offered him shelter and help in this unit world. Kyo really had to count his blessings. If Mace was willing to put up with him then he really has to treat this place like his home. Keep it neat and always presentable. Again Kyo figured he was going to have to work in order to help Mace out more. I have to help somehow I don't want to be a burden nor a freeloader. I must help and show him my thanks. His thoughts wandered for a few moments.

He completely forgot Mace had his bag let alone they had stopped in their tour for a few moments. Mace was holding the bag and Kyo was tempted to rip it from the man's hands. He felt ashamed due to the bag's weight but now that the damage was done he would surely be the man's point of entertainment and laughing stock. "Well....um....that is my bag......................." He stood silent and looked down at the wooden panels as his ears dipped back into his white hair. He felt so ashamed of handing his bag over to the man.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Mace shook his head, making a quick and very final decision. "Tomorrow we'll get you more clothes. You're going to need more than... what's in here, maybe 5 outfits?" He reached out and ruffled Kyo's hair a bit, trying to get the blank to lift his ears again. "Stop looking so... ashamed. It's not a big deal, Kyo. And don't bother arguing with me, because I'll only go out alone and try to buy you clothes. Seeing as I don't know your sizes, that would be disastrous." he pivoted again, opening a door to the left. "Laundry room. After tomorrow, you'll get good use from it." he didn't dwell on that one. It was uninteresting. Moving on, he opened one to the right. "Guest bathroom. You have one downstairs too." He pointed to the one beside the bathroom and explained that it was the stairs, where they would go after the ground floor so Kyo could see his room.

"Oh. To answer your earlier question." he spoke as they stepped up to the door at the end of the hallway. Sweeping the door open and revealing his bedroom, he finished his response. "It's too big. Especially for me myself. This is my room. You also have a porch on the sand, but yours is actually on the sand." he led the blank into the very white room, sliding the bathroom door open as well. "My bathroom, by the way. You can't get to it from the hallway."
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:09 am

Kyo took a quick glance up with his ice eye and he held the sigh. Mace must really have bad thoughts about him. Almost like Kyo escaped from somewhere. wow what a great impression kyo He looked up when Mace stated they will be getting him clothes tomorrow. "But Mace....don't you have to go to Seven moons tomorrow. I mean I can wait until I get more money. Of course that requires I get a job first but..." Mace ruffled his hair and that made his tail wag again. It was a gesture his mother always did to him and it was a sign of care and love. Once Mace made his statement he smiled weakly. "Alright. This is your house after all so I will play by your rules. I will just pay you back later on when I get the money." He said as he followed Mace again to finish their tour. When he mentioned a downstairs Kyo tilted his head. "So I am downstairs on the beach?" He asked making sure as they walked to another room.

They went into Mace's room and Kyo looked around shocked. "You know this almost looks like a paradise room of sorts. I am kind of surprised you leave home. With something this good looking I probably wouldn't leave for a long while." He stated as he smiled at the man before him. "Well you will have company for a long while until you tire of me or I can't seem to help pay you back for your kindness." He said as he wagged his tail.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:29 am

"Excuse me?" Mace turned, standing in the middle of his bathroom, and set his hands on his hips. He narrowed his eyes in a very... motherly manner. "A job? Kyo, you barely even know what the unit world is. I hope you're not serious about getting a job." he stared at the fighter for a moment in silence. His parents had money, he himself had money (two jobs, lots of tips bartending, and nothing to spend it on) Kyo paying him back was something he just wasn't worried about.

"Yes, you're downstairs on the beach. I'm above you if ever need anything and feel like battling my demons in the middle of the night." He walked past Kyo in order to head back out into the hallway. "You need to focus on studying, Kyo. If you decide to be trained as a sacrifice or a fighter, either way you're going to be studying your ass off. Don't even think about getting a job, okay? If it's anything like Russia, you're going to come home worked to the bone and pass right out." he shook his head again, opening the door to the stairs and stepping out of the way so Kyo could descend first.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 am

Boy did that smile come down rather quickly. That tone of voice...much like a parent getting on their child. Gods he felt like he was caught stealing from a cookie jar. Well he did many times but this from a stranger was.....unexpected. But in a way Kyo knew this man cared about him some sort of way and he was surprisingly happy about it. Someone actually cared about him to tell him live here and get good grades that is it. Kyo had to admit the posture the other had right now was rather...cute. "Well why not? I mean I want to help you some sort of way. It sounds like you won't take money even if I offered it to you." He said as Mace brushed past him and walked back to the hall and opened the door to stairs.

Kyo walked down and sighed. "Demons huh." he stated as he walked down to the next floor. He turned and held the door open for Mace. "But I want to help you Mace. I really do. I want to show my appreciation to you for taking me into your home and caring for me. No one would ever take a stranger into their home like you did. Is there any way I can repay you at all?" He asked as he looked back at the man with his one ice eye worried that the man might put him out if he kept asking.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 am

Mace entered, tugging on a lock of Kyo's hair playfully as he passed the young man. He turned to the left, figuring they could start with the empty part of the house first. He'd set up a small bar in the large, open area, with a colorful assortment of liquor. All of the bottles were about... half empty. Yeah, he'd attacked the collection of bottles at one time (or multiples times) that week. So what?

"I say no because I'm not worried about it." he shrugged, heading over behind the bar and grabbing a glass. "I'd let you drink, but you're a little too young for it." Grabbing one of the vodka bottles he had, Mace flipped it over his head and caught it behind his back before pouring it into the glass. Not a huge trick, but people absolutely loved it when he worked at the bar in Russia. "If you want to repay me, Kyo, do as well as you can in school, okay? You're right, I won't accept your money. No matter what." he took a sip of the alcohol, watching the blank from over the rim of the glass and twirling the bottle once in his hand. "Demons... This helps me combat them just a bit. Sometimes..." he held up the glass before turning to the bottle in his hand. No sense in doing tricks when no one was there to watch. It was a sad thought. "I used to bartend." he noted distantly.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:21 am

Mace tugged on his hair. It wasn't hard just unexpected as the older male passed him by. Mace went behind a bar and smirked. So the man loved to drink and Kyo felt this was possibly a way of battling demons. Every man turns to it sometimes. Well....not every man. But the ones who liked the firewater will drink it. Kyo leaned against the doorway and smiled weakly. "So let me get this straight. I study hard and live here for free in a sense." he said as he watched the older do tricks with his bottle.

Kyo walked up to the bar and leaned against it. "So you brought all your traits with you from Russia?" He asked as he watched and smelled the alcohol. Wasn't strong but it definitely had his attention as he chuckled a bit. "I may be young but I have had the firewater before. Nothing new to me but I don't need you in trouble at all so no worries." He said as he sat on the stool. "So what about these demons you keep mentioning to me. What makes them demons?"
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:36 am

"Not really in a sense. You're exactly right. Study hard and live here for free." He grabbed another bottle, weighing the two in his hands, before replacing the first one and grabbing yet another. This one was more alike the second one in shape and weight. With a wink to Kyo, he juggled them for a moment. "Yes, I brought my... talents with me from Russia." he kept going for a second before catching them both and setting them down under the counter.

Turning his back to Kyo, Mace sighed, reaching for something under yet another counter. He wondered idly why he didn't put a proper bar down here... "My demons are... personal. No offense to you, Kyo. It's just something I haven't spoken about in years." Turning back to the blank, he set a shot glass down and grabbed the last bottle he'd previously chosen, pouring a shot and quickly setting it on fire with a lighter in his free hand. "If you're used to firewater, drink this." he instructed with a glint in his eye. Way to start out their living arrangements... him illegally giving alcohol to a minor.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:48 am

Kyo didn't like the idea too much but he didn't have a choice. He shrugged his shoulders and sighed to himself. "If you say so." He said as he smiled weakly at Mace as his eye watched the man show off his bartending skills. Something Kyo truly hasn't seen such talent before. Even in the village they were kind of plain in their ways but they could serve faster than any person in the world today. "So I see and what great skills they are." he said with a smile as he watched. His eye couldn't help but watch the man in amazement.

Once Mace turned around Kyo adjusted his eyepatch over his right eye. It was starting to become irritated and it needed air but he didn't want the man questioning him about it. "It's alright we all have our own demons so don't worry." He said as Mace placed a shot glass on fire infront of him. He looked at the other in question as he picked it up. Blew it out and shot it back real fast. He slammed the cup down slightly as he wiped his mouth. "That is firewater on a whole new level" He said as he licked his lips lapping up the remains. "So I take it my room is over there?" He pointed at a door.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Mace snorted, pouring another shot and setting it alight. He waited for a split second before shooting it back, blowing it out at the last second. "Great? No, no. It's nothing, actually. Come to me on your birthday and I'll make you something worth being impressed over." He set the bottle back under the counter, making sure everything was how it should have been, before glancing back up at the door Kyo was pointing to.

"нет." he shook his head, coming around the counter and walking toward the door, picking Kyo's bag back up in the process. "My office." he opened the door, revealing his desk, which was void of everything but his laptop and a copy of his resume. "Not much of interest in there."

Turning yet again, he strode down the short hallway, past the door to the stairs. "Your bedroom is in here. It's much like mine, but darker wood. I kind of... have an affinity for white sheets. Don't ask." He shook his head, stepping into the room and setting Kyo's duffel on the bed. "Your bathroom is through that door, also unreachable from the hallway. Privacy purposes, you get it. And your access to the beach is there." Pivoting, he pointed to the wide glass doors.

"So. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:35 am

Kyo watched with his one ice eye as Mace remade the same exact shot that he just had. The drink was amazing. His mouth felt like it was on fire but it was amazing nonetheless. He loved it and hopefully when he got older he would drink it more often. Whoever knew lighting a drink on fire would be that awesome. When Mace mentioned making something special for his birthday his tail wagged greatly behind him. Gaining momentum rather quickly at the thought. "Really? You would make me something worth remembering won't you?" He asked with a huge grin on his face. That sounded like a gift he was too eager to receive when his birthday came around. Mace was so kind to him and Kyo was so happy to have someone like him take him in like this.

Mace said something in Russian and Kyo just looked confused. One ear perked up and the other almost flat against his head. Slightly tilting his head he was curious about what the older man just said. Yup just like any old dog. Mace walked around and back out of his bar and picked up Kyo's bag. He wanted to sigh and even if the older man stated they will go shopping tomorrow he couldn't help but feel bad and horrible for not having anything there to carry. Not something a stranger should know about anyways. Yes he has learned to live without much but he didn't want to tell the man this in fear of angering him. When Mace opened the door and revealed his office Kyo looked around. "Nice. Do you hang out in here often?" He asked as he scanned the room. A large bay window showed the ocean and the habor point. "It may not seem like much Mace but to some this would be the ideal office to work in instead of staring at blank walls or portable stackers all day." He chuckled as he followed the man back out of the room.

Kyo followed the man down the very short hallway and came across another door. It was right past the stairs which is very easy to remember in fact. "So I have a paradise room too?" He stated as Mace opened the door. "Woah....The sheets are fine this is your pad after all so it isn't like I can change things. I am a guest after all. This is wonderful though." He turned to Mace and smiled his warmest grin as his tail began to wag slowly behind him. "Thank you so much Mace." He said bowing slightly in the most formidable way and thanking the man for all that he has done so far.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Mace laughed openly at Kyo's reaction to his offer of a birthday drink. Of course he'd make something memorable for the blank's first legal drink. He even had a few in mind already, but he'd have to see what Kyo liked more before deciding what to surprise the young man with. "Yes, I'll make you something memorable." he chuckled. "But no driving, no drunk calling people, etc. You know the rules; make sure you follow you them, okay?"

He watched in silence as Kyo looked around the room, choosing to respond to everything he'd previously said after he fell quiet. Mace walked over to the bed, plopping down and running his fingers over the soft white comforter carefully. "I don't really 'hang out' there. My office has been used probably once this week, but you must keep in mind, I'm jobless, and have holed myself up in my room..." he added the next part very, very quietly, admitting it much more to himself than the teen before him. "It's the only safe place here."

He looked up, eyes focusing on the blank as he forced a smile. "If you'd like to call it a paradise room, be my guest. But you're free to change anything and everything in it. It's your room, Kyo. You're not really a guest, you're living here. I won't be handing you towels when you can't find one: I'm expecting you to search through drawers until you find them. Don't keep quiet when you're hungry: I'm Russian, I can cook, and if you want something, feel free to rummage through the fridge. I'm not getting you drinks or even asking if you're thirsty. Get them yourself." sometime as he spoke, Mace's smile had relaxed and turned back into a genuine one. He stood as well when Kyo bowed, bowing right back, just as formally. "You Japanese are so... courteous. Bowing, last names, all of that good stuff. It's interesting, this new culture."
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:51 pm

When Mace laid out the rules Kyo chuckled as he offered to take his bag from the man. "Well you won't really have to worry about all that. I have no interest in driving at all and I don't own a cell phone right now. So pretty much I am on the safe side." He chuckled as he looked around the room. It almost seemed like he had checked into an awesome vacation spot and gods was it like a painting. The sun was setting so shadows danced across the water and the warm summer breeze felt inviting as his eye soaked up the place. He walked over to Mace and joined the man on the bed as they spoke.

"So I take it you are going to try working at Seven Moons?" He asked as he looked at the older man curiously. His ice scanned the man who seemed to have muttered something and looked upset. "Is...everything alright Mace?" He asked as he brought his tail to come more across his lap.

"Well since I get to hunt for stuff this shall be fun. I like the way things are set up in here for right now so I won't change anything. At least as of yet." He was going to say something about living here but decided against it as he looked at the floor. "I can cook as well as clean and all those other basic things. I do have a question for you. I don't want to seem like I am taking over you or using you. I definitely don't want it to seem like I am either but....why do you trust me so much when have only just met?" He asked as he looked back up at Mace. It isn't like trust came easily in this world unless they knew each other or felt some sort of connection. He didn't want to make it seem like he was taking this great person and using them and even vice versa but he had to know.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:43 am

Mace handed over the duffel simply, pointing to the dresser and the closet simultaneously. "A cell phone is really a necessity, Kyo. You might not think so, but if something goes wrong while you're out on your own, it's a very handy thing to have." He looked away from the blank, gazing down at the beach. A pink and peach sunset was turning the sand a rich golden; it was the type of site usually reserved for photographs and magazine ads for traveling. Mace had chosen a nice house, he had to admit. Cerulean waters, usually very warm (at least for him, who was used to Russian lakes.)

"Yes. I'll try my hand with Seven Moons." he answered, nodding very slightly and glancing back at Kyo. Being so close put him off a bit. He'd always had a very strict rule to not get close to people outside of work. In a weird way, he almost felt as though their physical closeness was a metaphor for something else.

He didn't like the thought. So he banished it from his mind immediately.

Looking down at his now folded hands, he finished his reply. "I don't know what to expect of Japan's Seven Moons. Russia's was, well, is... horrible. That's the only way I can think to explain it. The headmaster is nothing less than a..." he had to stop as memories flooded his mind. Lowering his head and raising his hands to catch it, he swallowed thickly. "A murderous dictator. To answer your question, Kyo, no, everything is not alright. It is quite far from alright, actually." He sat upright again, turning to look at his new housemate. "I'm used to teaching English in Russia. Much like Japan, it's quite a popular foreign language. Bartending on the side was a much... different job. The last thing I'm prepared for is teaching fighting units." He laughed dryly, but wondered what Kylan would think of him randomly inviting a stranger into his home, telling him all about himself... Getting closer to him in one night than he'd gotten to anyone in nine years.

Kyo brought up part of his own thoughts, and Mace had to think about the answer for a moment. At some point, he had turned away from the blank again, focusing on the drawers in the corner of the room. Why did he seem to trust the stranger so much? Well, he was in need, and Mace had always been one to help if he could... And Kyo was part of the unit world, but didn't know a lick about it. What was he supposed to do, leave him there to be attacked by a rogue unit, no way to protect him self? No knowledge of how? It seemed like more than that. He thought about his reply for a long moment before finally answering. Looking back up, an effortless smile crossed his lips.

"Well, you seem to be someone I can put my trust in. And I believe in my judgment."
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 am

Even though Mace told him not to worry about it Kyo still couldn't help it as he placed the duffle bag by his feet. He allowed his toes to toy with the light material a little bit as they spoke. He looked at the closet and dresser and figured since his clothes were nothing special one drawer would do them nicely. Especially since he only had 3 pairs of clthes anyways to live off of. "When I have money I will invest in one." he said as he sighed. It will be a long while before one even came into his possession. He couldn't get a job as of right now and he has no other source of income some obtaining one was going to be rather difficult. His gaze seemed to follow Mace's as he looked outside. Gods it was beautiful and that smile came across his face again. "It is beautiful." He said as he smiled wider while socking in the view.

"Well I wish you luck then. I hear getting into one is hard not sure how it will be for staff." He turned when he heard Mace and saw his reaction as he spoke a bit about his past. "I am sorry. You really shouldn't answer if it is that uncomfortable for you. I Know some things are hard to swallow even now. But maybe this will make things better for you. you seem like a good guy and I feel some people will be able to teach you some things too." he said as he smiled at Mace while his tail wagged on the bed. he grabbed it out of common reaction. "Your judgement huh? That is a very interesting take on things. It make me feel.....weird that someone outside of my clan places some sort of trust in me." he said as he looked back outside.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Mace slid off of Kyo's bed and stepped to the glass door quietly. "That's a good idea." he noted, nodding a bit. Reaching out, he unlocked the handle and pulled the door open, letting the warm breeze enter the room and fill his nose with scents of sand and sea water. "Or we can get you one of those little cheap ones that you pay about 5000 yen to get, tomorrow when we get you clothes. I have one of those too, for now." He reached in his pocket, pulling out a fairly nice looking phone and tossing it to Kyo. "We can put in my name if needbe, since you need a valid id to get one. Japan is a bit... odd, in it's customs, at times." he shrugged before walking outside onto the patio. Turning, he looked back to his guest. "It got dark very fast." he pondered.

"Thank you the wishes of good luck." He smiled crookedly, leaning back onto one of the posts that kept his balcony up. "We'll see how hard it is, then, hm? I think you may be right, anyway. Being in this country alone will teach me things, and I'm always up for learning something new." he chuckled quietly. "Why do you think I know three languages and bartending?" He narrowed his eyes slightly at the blank, though his smile stayed in place. "You shouldn't feel weird that I trust you, Kyo. You haven't given me a reason not to trust you, have you?" he asked simply.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 am

Mace opened the sliding glass door and in came the soft breeze and loud scents of sand and sea water. Well the man lived right on the beach...Literally. When Mace mentioned a phone Kyo made a face. He wasn't used to such things too much and wasn't sure what kind of difference it was going to make for him. Mace tossed him his phone and Kyo looked at it. He knows how to use one he just doesn't have one of his own. Placing it on the bed he leaned back and looked out at Mace. The man with the crocked smile and yet it was beautiful all the same. "It did but it is alright. It looks great outside once you put on some light." He said as he stood up and joined Mace outside. "Honestly Trust isn't an easy thing to come by but it makes me feel as though I can trust you too. Which I will by the way since I am living in your house now. but besides that fact you seem like a good guy. I feel that your skills will at least land you a position somewhere." He said as he looked out at the water and allowed the breeze to calm him.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:01 am

He turned, stepping onto the beach, unknowingly always one step out of Kyo's reach. The sand was warm around his toes, holding some heat from the sun. He took a few steps away before looking over his shoulder at the blank and scoffing. "Just because you live in my house doesn't mean you should necessarily trust me. But I'm pretty trustworthy, and I'm trusting you, so I guess it's alright." he winked before turning back to the shore and folding his hands behind his back.

"I hope my experiences will help me get a job, but if not, I'll adapt to whatever job I do get." he shrugged nonchalantly. "What are your plans, Kyo? Other than training and such, I mean. Surely you've thought of something to do on he side?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunger's Abode  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunger's Abode
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Loveless: Redemption :: RP Archive :: Ended RPs-
Jump to: