Loveless: Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loveless: Redemption

The Loveless Role Playing Forum with Original Twists!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Welcom10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Lr_nav10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Lr_des11
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Promot10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Suppor10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Partne10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Unit_n10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Blank_10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Rogue_10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Fighte10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Sacrif10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Rp_wea10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Weathe10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Academ10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Fight_10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Club_v10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Fortun10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Tori_n10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Rp_nav10
Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 End_na10

Hunger's Abode

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 am

The warm breeze combed through his hair and he really wanted to remove his eye patch so his eye can breath. Well the skin portion since the eye was sown shut long ago. As he opened his only ice eye he noticed Mace was walking on the beach in the sand. Kyo debated to go in there as well. His nails were a bit long and he wasn't in the mood of cleaning sand from his feet too much. Kyo saw the wink and a light blush coated his cheeks. Honestly he wasn't sure what he was going to do if Mace teased him so much. The man turned around and kyo sighed as he scratched his head. "Besides attend school and finish what I came here to do? I have no plans but to go back to my village. I have nothing here in the cities." He said as he sighed. That wasn't until a long time from now because he had 4 years to study and then go back and defeat this group who has his people hostage. "If something changes I am sure my plans will adjust but as of right now.....nothing." He said as he watched the man ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
http://theartistconcept.com
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 am

He shrugged again, looking up at the dark sky. "Well, wanting to save your village is a very valiant thing. I can't fault you for that." He turned, looking at Kyo with a curious expression for a long moment, before walking back slowly and biting his lip, the same look plastered on his features and his bottom lip in his teeth. "May I ask you something?" he asked attentively, lifting himself up on his toes and craning his head to see where the patch on Kyo's eye tied. Grabbing one string very carefully, he asked "Why don't you take this off? It's obviously bothering you."

He lowered himself again, releasing the string and putting both hands on his hips. "Whether you choose to be a sacrifice or a fighter, you need to start training your senses. Be more attentive of things you normally wouldn't notice. Like me noticing your discomfort." he took a step backward, uncomfortable with being so unnaturally close to someone. Habit he'd had for years and years now. "It's just an eye patch. Whatever's underneath it can't possibly be as bad as you think it is."
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:36 am

Kyo ran his right hand through his hair allowing his fingers to comb it out as he looked to the sky and sighed. He did have his reasons for saving his village it is home after all. Gods he was itching to take it off but to show a stranger such a scar most have called it disgusting and some even veered away from him thinking he only got into dangerous fights all the time. Even though this scar was for saving a friend. He looked back at Mace and noticed the man was walking back to him. "Sure" He said as he shrugged his shoulders. A question wouldn't hurt but he had to admit he wasn't expecting that one. "I will later. I doubt a scar like this is anything a stranger should see." He said rather quickly as he tried his hardest to not yank himself back quickly. He wasn't trying to be rude but this was one thing he was a bit sensitive about.

The posture Mace took for some reason fit him and his personality of what Kyo knew so far. "Train my senses?? And how exactly did you know it was discomfort and not something else?" He asked confused as to how all this actually worked. It was all foreign speak to him anyways. But from what Mace had said it was about the unit world so far. Kyo stepped back a bit and sighed. "Honestly it is a nasty scar nothing of interest." He stated plainly as he looked away slightly.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Mace 'tsk'ed and rolled his eyes, a smile climbing his lips as he waved the comment off. "We're not strangers anymore, Kyo, that's the beauty of it. We're housemates." He stepped past the blank, back into the spare room, pausing to wipe his feet on the mat outside first. He spoke with his back to Kyo, thinking about his words as he spoke them and wondering why he was allowing himself to get close to someone, no matter who it was. "A scar is just a scar, Kyo. I have one too, believe it or not. It's nothing to be ashamed of, it just makes you unique." he looked over his shoulder from where he stood in the doorway, slipping his house shoes back on carefully. "Remember Kyo. You're unique. Just like everyone else." he winked and walked back inside.

"By 'train your senses', I mean just that." he turned fully around this time, stepping backward through the room and very, very lightly touching things as he went. "Your five senses. Sight, smell, hearing, taste, touch. Train them to be super sensitive, not so you can feel pain when battling, but so you know how to hold in your reactions. If you choose to be a fighter, you'll need to be able to use the resources around you. Who knows where you'll be ambushed." he set his fingers to the smooth wood of the bedpost. "Mahogany." next was the curtain that hung around the bed itself. "Gossamer. You should be able to touch something and figure out what material it is, in detail. Not just 'wood' and 'fabric'. I know that you weren't comfortable because your ear has been twitching slightly and your facial movements have been moving the eyepatch very slightly. I know that your ear twitches when you aren't comfortable because every time I've said something that made you uncomfortable, it did so." He stopped and folded his arms over his chest, looking Kyo in the eye. "Small details, remember?"
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Kyo watched as Mace rolled his eyes and tsked at him. Now that action right there made him seem like a girl. But more or less that seemed to fit him more than what others would think. He is still sexy in a way. Kyo patted the top of his head repeating no dirty thoughts no dirty thoughts. Kyo chuckled a bit as his tail very slowly wagged. "Heh housemates. What an interesting word but yes even though that is true.....*sigh* I don't know I am not used to people being....nice I guess you would say. It is something I will definitely have to adjust to. Besides that allow someone into such a beautiful home." He said pointing it out as he turned to face the other briefly. When Kyo let the word unique register he sighed very softly but with Mace's back to him at the moment he removed the patch swiftly and held it in his hand. Taking his hair he fixed it over the damage eye again bit a sigh of relief very softly escaped his lips. He was so glad to allow that hot piece of skin a chance to breath. "But isn't everyone unique in their own special way?" He asked knowing parents now a days spoil their children rotten using the words Unique and Special.

Mace eventually turned around and was lightly touching the furniture around him. "So.....not just sharpen them but make them sensitive to my environment?" he asked making sure he had the information right. Mace named two of the products he happened to touch and Kyo was surprised. Even he didn't know the name of the cloth at least the wood of the bedpost he recognized. "I see but it will take me a while to recognize such things. Some I visibly know but not by touch." he said as he watched and listened closely. He just got here and he was already learning a bit without even stepping foot into a classroom. When Mace crossed his arms and pointed out Kyo's natural bodily reactions he sighed and scratched his head. "Very perceptive." He said as he smiled sheepishly at them man.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:50 pm

"Exactly." he chuckled, taking a step backward toward the door. "Special, unique. Honestly, why can't parents just accept that their children will most likely grow up to be, well, average?" He watched the young man for another moment, hoping idly that he hadn't just offended him.

When Kyo looked up at him, Mace dropped his gaze quickly. "I'm glad you've finally taken the patch off, Kyo, but you haven't covered the mysterious thing underneath it. Your bangs aren't that thick." He turned around, looking toward the door as he stepped closer to it. "I won't spoil the surprise underneath or anything, so I'll be upstairs. If you're tired, you obviously know where the bed is." He nodded beside him with a small smile. "Oh, and yes. Sharpen, train them; figure out the small details of things, the differences in them. That'll teach you how to tell things apart." he stepped out of the room and back toward the hallway, calling over his shoulder "Also, leave the patch down here, okay? You look much better without it." Smirking, he ascended the stairs and stepped back out into the living room, all before his words hit him. Oh lord, what had he just said?

"Help me, Kylan." he groaned to himself, heading to the fridge to replace his long emptied vodka. "I can't afford to let someone that close again... Not ever."
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:20 am

That chuckle was pure and Kyo seemed to fall in love with it instantly. Just like that crocked smile that lined Mace's face and wouldn't be any more perfect for such a man. "Could it be they want a superstar or genius? I guess they figure if they tell their child that more than enough times they will be become things their parents want to see." he laughed knowing that is what the ideal world thought of their children today. Their eyes met and for some reason he wanted to blush but being a good boy he refrained from letting it become visible. There was something about Mace that Kyo just couldn't seem to place his finger on. Something the man had that made him feel....safe....and happy....Odd feelings that he never felt with anyone before besides Cody. But Cody damaged him a while back. Even to this day Kyo feels love to be something insignificant and it only brings hurt not good.

Kyo's head went down at the remark as he sighed. Mace was polite enough to look away and Kyo was thankful for that. "It is something I don't really think you want to see but all it is is damaged tissue sewn shut. Nothing special just scarred" He said as he looked up again. When Mace spoke Kyo couldn't help but smile. This an was so nice to him and he really wanted to find out why but Mace took off rather quickly. Kyo stood in the room and looked around with his one good eye. "Well I am not tired and I don't feel up to learning such things right now." He stated as he looked at the dresser and saw his eye patch. He used it to hide the ugliness from the world according to him but Mace didn't see it as such.

Looking back at the partially opened door Kyo sighed as he walked to it slowly and saw Mace outside. Hearing the words he didn't want to seem like he was eavesdropping so he cleared his throat. "Sorry I am not Sleepy yet. I guess you don't want to talk for a bit?" He asked tilting his head slightly but still covering the scar. Maybe he could trust this man afterall and learn to be happy and thankful. Not many would ever be as brave as Mace.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Normally, Mace had a good feeling of whether or not the night would end up being good or bad. Usually, he could tell instantly whether or not Kylan's ghost would haunt his dreams, turning them into the most painful of nightmares. He'd wake up in a terribly cold sweat, tears streaming down his face and choking for breath it would take him a moment to find. Or, he would wake up the next morning, thankful to any and all gods that his slumber was dreamless, allowing him a few moments of quiet peace. But this night, the man was completely thrown for a loop. His emotions were up in the air, seemingly diving and rising like the worst type of roller coaster. The one that left you completely unsure of whether or not you were going to be sick, your stomach in knots for the rest of the night. He didn't know what he had done, inviting a stranger into his house. And if Kyo managed to see his shoulder, see his name... Well, things surely wouldn't end well. Blanks were powerful, and giving him the most important part of a spell battle, his namesake, would only hinder the man more. Already deaf, why not just chalk up a few more weaknesses?

He pivoted when he heard the young man speak, unable to wipe the look of surprise off his face. He'd heard what Mace had just said... God, he bet he sounded like some idiot, talking to someone Kyo had never heard of [nor would he] whilst standing alone in the middle of the kitchen. "No, it's fine." he said quickly, taking a long drink of the vodka in his hand and reveling in the feel of it going down his throat. Point one for a bad night, none for good. 'Let's see where this leads, Mace...'

"Let's sit outside, okay?" he offered a slightly forced smile, looking from the blank to the glass door that lead to the beach. "It's gorgeous outside, no?"
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Kyo stood there watching the man with his one ice eye. His ears perked curiously as he watched.......as he studied the man before him. What was it that was making him so drawn to the man? Even he was at a loss for words. But like Mace said, they are no longer strangers but housemates sharing the same roof. his tail swung slow behind him like the pendulum of an old grandfather clock. He was observing this man and soaking up everything. From the overall human to the tiny features and slight movements. Of course being in his trance like state for too long the other would notice but when Mace started to talk Kyo looked back into lavenders then to the glass door that leads outside to a deck with furniture.

He turned back to Mace and smiled his warm smile more so in hopes of seeing that cute goofy grin. "Sure. It is nice out and the breeze feels good. So nothing wrong with that." He said as he walked outside. He really didn't know when he had moved but here he was outside in his new home. As he went to sit down he thought about it: A new home compared to the one he was forced to leave. He looked down at his hands and quietly sighed. If he was here a lot longer than a year he was going to admit to the other his true reasoning. He couldn't keep this man in the dark about it for longer than that. Smiling he looked up at Mace and his tail thumped against the chair. "So anything in particular you would like to talk about?" he asked trying to keep the cheerful playfulness at a high.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Mace followed the young man out, unintentionally lowering his eyes to watch his hips swing gently as he walked slowly through the open glass door. His house smelled like cleanliness and ocean air, it brought a quiet smile up to his lips. He hadn't actually seen a beach even remotely warm until moving here, and though it had only been a few tortuously long days, Mace had taken full advantage of the warm weather and the salty water near him. In turn, his skin had become a nice tan, sun kissed just slightly, contrasting against his oddly colored eyes very well.

He snapped his eyes up from Kyo's hips as the blank seated himself, smiling a tad goofily and asking him what he wanted to talk about. Thoughtfully, Mace glanced down to the already half empty tumbler in his hand and set it down, sighing to himself wistfully. He leaned forearms against the table and allowed his pale lavenders to fall closed, both hands loosely gripping the glass of alcohol. "Do you like the beach, Kyo?" he asked quietly, listening to the sound of waves lapping the sand slowly, wind flowing in a quiet breeze around them. He swallowed thickly. What would Kylan think of the beach? Of the sounds, the feeling of warm water on his waist and sand around his toes? What would the man look like now? Question he'd asked himself so, so many times repeated themselves in his head, telling him to prepare for a very bad night.

Again, he had to snap himself out of the sad reverie. Slowly opening up tortured lavenders to the now darkened beach, he took a few careful breaths, chest constricting painfully as he tried to swallow down the memories of his fighter and first lover. Mace took a slow, deep drink of his vodka in order to help him [temporarily] forget his past. He turned to look at Kyo, forcing a small smile to crawl upon his lips. No need to make the young many worry over things that would never quite go away.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Kyo adjusted his tail in his lap and smiled as he fixed it a bit. Mace was fumbling around with the tumbler in his hand and Kyo's ice looked at it with a curious expression. Mace adjusted himself and asked if he liked the beach and he thought for a moment. "Yes I do. My hometown we live by a lake so seeing the big water is a very nice transition. Why do you not like where you live or something?" He asked curiously as he tilted his head a bit to the right. He wasn't sure what the other meant actually by if he liked the beach. But it seemed like the other was deep in thought and he saw Mace look at him with a goofy grin and Kyo chuckled to himself. "Is everything okay? You seem to be sort of....out of it if you know what I mean" He said as he leaned back in the chair and got comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:03 am

"I know exactly what you mean." he smiled knowingly, lifting eyes that had fallen back to the calm water up once more to meet a lone ice. "Kyo..." he sighed quietly, smile turning wistful as he looked at the young man. "I'll go ahead and warn you. Once you go to bed, it's better if you don't emerge until morning. No matter what you hear happening, don't come upstairs." he was still smiling slightly, but it stopped far from his eyes. In them, emotions swirled terribly, beginning the headache that always preceded a bad night. Pain, grief, loneliness... There was no hint of happiness in the lavenders, no sliver of a joke in the warning smile he was giving the blank. Oh no. Mace was very serious. He'd already managed to break four of his good glasses, a large crystal fruit bowl his mother had sent with him, one of the disposable phones he'd bought, and his heart. The last one repeatedly, over and over and over, endlessly tearing it into shreds until he thought there was no more to mangle. But every night that he woke up, knowing he had to flush his system using any means possible, namely alcohol, that very same heart would shatter again, leaving a gaping hole in his chest that simply couldn't be filled...

He snapped out of it again, drawing in a shaky breath and shaking his head slightly. "Sorry. I'm okay, just... just listen to that warning, kay?" he grimaced slightly, finding himself unable to produce a smile for the young man. Quickly, he finished the vodka, wishing he'd simply brought the bottle outside with them. It would do him better than the empty glass, that was for sure. "I'm from Russia. It's cold there, long story short. Beaches aren't really something I'm used to, but I'm absolutely loving where I live right now... For the most part."
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Mace looked down at the water and Kyo's curiosity got the better of him as he also looked. Why he looked he had no idea why but he did so anyways and wondered what was so interesting to see. Mace said Kyo's name so quietly the wolf almost didn't hear it. Looking back up until Mace's eyes met his expression was one quite of a puzzle. Once he heard his warning he wanted to flinch. His eyes went back to looking down at the water as his his ice narrowed. "But earlier you asked me to help you." Kyo decided to look back up with a determination stare. "You asked me to help you when you have trouble at night. You warned me before you took me in. You warned me while we were eating because you were so determined to have me stay here." He simply sighed to himself as he looked back down at the water again. "But if you feel that I am unable to help you I will not leave my room tonight." He said as his ears went down. Well there went a chance to prove one's self and earn better rights for living under this man's roof. But Kyo isn't one to disobey orders and be placed back on the streets. This was going to be a long and tiresome night he could feel it in his bones and none of them pointed to good. Kyo was more so trapped in his own thoughts he didn't really hear Mace at all.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Any hint of a smile wiped itself from Mace's face as he watched the blank. The crestfallen look, the badly hidden hints of disappointment and sorrow in the voice. Kyo wanted to help. This stranger, this man he didn't know from Adam, wanted to help him get better.

If only it weren't a neverending, uphill battle. One they would surely lose.

He exhaled a chuckle, lips upturning once more as he turned back to his empty glass. God, he would kill for more alcohol right now, but Mace could tell that it wasn't the right time to get up and walk away. Kyo deserved an answer. The young man was right, after all; he had told him that he needed help. Told him that his demons haunted him at night, and that in itself was enough of a cry for help to Kyo, surely. "Do you know what night terrors are like, Kyo?" he asked with honest eyes. Might as well get this over with now if the blank is going to be stubborn. Even with the comment of leaving Mace alone at night, he wasn't blind to the determination in that ice. "Have you ever been so caught up in your demons that you've punched your father? What about your mother? Have you ever hit her hard enough to send her to the floor, only to wake up with your ass beaten by your father, alone on the floor of your kitchen?" He sighed tiredly. "That's the reason I'm reneging asking you to help, Kyokeita. I'll hurt you. And after asking you to stay here, I don't want to push you away." Even if that's what I have to do, in the end.

He pushed himself off his chair, murmuring a short "I'll be right back." and rattling the ice in his glass lightly. As he stepped back inside, into the kitchen, he glanced at Kyo through the corner of his eye. Mace wasn't sure why, but even the part of him that said Kyo needed to leave, for his own safety, didn't actually want the young man to leave. It was up to him, now. If he wanted to try to help, Kyo could, and Mace would do his absolute best not to hurt the blank. But if he wanted to stay away, or have Mace take him back to his hotel, well... he wouldn't like it, but Mace would oblige.

He turned to exit again, once his glass was filled.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Whatever smile was on Mace's face was no longer there now and Kyo's mood went from mediocre to down. Th chuckle that escaped Mace's lips were dark and cold. One you would hear in horror flicks when you know someone is about to die. It wasn't a good feeling and Kyo's fur stood on end. The lavenders were more interested in the now empty glass and Kyo figured this was not going to be a talk he was going to enjoy. After Mace described what he did and why he wanted Kyo to stay away he just watched Mace toy with his empty glass. Once the man got up and let Kyo sighed as his ears went back. He felt so useless and now that he couldn't help all he could do was just listen and let things play out. The last thing he needed was to be placed back out on the streets. His ears were buried in his hair as he just stared at the table not saying a word. He didn't want to upset the very person who gave him a home afterall.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Mace saw Kyo's reaction as he leaned against the counter, vodka held tightly in both hands. Ears back, face down, eyes closed. Yes, he had definitely succeeded in making the young man feel terrible. But he hadn't gotten up, yet; he hadn't asked Mace to take him back to the hotel. So all Mace could do was assume the blank had made up his mind. A valiant thing to do for a stranger.

His lips upturned slightly, not a forced smile, but a... thankful one. An almost hopeful one. Not many people would stay after that story. Why the blonde had even told the blank, he didn't know; but he had, and that was that.

With a quiet sigh, Mace took a long sip of his drink and walked back outside, enjoying the soft breeze flowing through the house thanks to the open glass doors. He set a hand lightly on Kyo's shoulder, looking first at his glass of alcohol, then up and out. He couldn't look at the young man. He just couldn't. "Thank you, Kyo." he stated very softly. "For wanting to help, no matter how meanly I tell you no, or how I ask you to, then tell you not to. You're a very good person." Finally, his lavenders fell to meet ice, one side of his lips tilting up a bit more than the other as he smiled. Mace knew he had a problem, and he knew it was going to be terribly difficult. But if Kyo really did want to help, he'd accept it, and he would try to recover. Slowly, but surely.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Kyo felt a pull at his heart. Most people who felt this sort of pain usually leave the very place that cause this hurt. But not him. Not today, not ever if he could help it. His heart was sending him the message to stay although his mind was bitterly fighting him saying he should go back to that hole in the wall. Without knowing his ears stood back up and he relaxed a bit as his innerself debated a bit more. But like the vodka in Mace's glass he knew his answer. He had to stay here and learn what he needed to. Mace was telling him about this new world he was going to be stepping into tomorrow and he was hesitant on trusting others. Most would not be as freely accepting of him like this man here. Let alone teach him everything they know about this unit world from the bare basics since it is something still very new to him.

A hand from the man before landed on his shoulder and his left ice looked over at it. It didn't feel cold or harsh like his words did earlier. Maybe it is an upsetting topic and Mace needed to step away for a few to relax. Understandable since this man has almost killed someone before on several occasions. He slowly looked up and as words flowed a crooked smile appeared. Just like before this heart warming smile that Kyo was slowly becoming attracted to. He looked back out at the open water and smiled a bit. "You are very welcome. My mother told me that anyone who offers to help you in any way is a good person and no matter what you should help them in return. You never know when your paths will cross again. She has taught me well I believe." He said as he slowly began to wag his tail in a way of comfort.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:33 pm

"Your mother sounds like a wise woman." Mace pulled his hand back slowly, reclaiming his seat although wanton eyes stayed locked on the warm ocean water. "You're right. If she taught you that, she taught you well." he took a drink and set the glass back down, stifling the sound of glass meeting glass by tucking the tip of his pinky finger under the tumbler.

The good thing about being Russian was that he could hold his liquor. He could hold it, and he could hold it well. [The bad part, of course, was Viktoriya. Though Mace had to banish the thought. He was trying to be happy, dammit!] "So. Tell me a bit more about yourself, housemate. Favorite alcohol? Scent? Who's your best friend?" he threw out some random questions for the blank, hoping that small talk would lift the atmosphere again. His fingers drummed the tumbler lightly, waves calling him in whispers of peace, serenity, a calm quiet he could find no where else. When he swam, even his mind went blank, too focused on breathing, on propelling him forward, on how to move in order to cut through the water the best. There was no time or space for worry, or memories, or fears.

"Do you swim, Kyo?" He asked with a distant voice.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Kyo smiled as he thought about his family. He was already worried about them and missed them a bit. But he knew he has to get stronger if he wishes to save them. "She is a very wise woman. Don't get me wrong so is my old man. He is just tied up with other things that deal with the village that's all. I am sure she would love to meet the man that took her son in and helped him once I save them" He said with a warm smile as h turned to Mace. Mace asked him a series of questions and he had to think about them. "Well now. We have vodka and rum in our village so I would have to say those for sure are my favorite types of alcohol. Don't get me wrong I am willing to try others but I am not a daredevil about them. As far as best friend goes.....I...kind of want to skip that for now. And honestly I never had a favorite scent before but I like vanilla if that counts." he said wagging his tail as he looked out over the water. "I love to swim. My father taught me a long time ago since we live on a lake. Very convenient. Why do you ask?" he asked curiously as his eye wandered back to Mace.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:56 pm

He chuckled, turning lavenders back to Kyo's one ice. "Let's focus on getting you powerful enough to save them in the first place, okay? Then we can talk about who'll meet them or whatever." His eyes turned back to the warm sea, a smile playing on his lips. Good taste in alcohol, at least. But the blank had much to learn in the ways of liquor. Mace silently promised that he'd teach the young man as much as he wished to learn about alcohol. Oh, delinquency of minors. What a fun thing to contribute to...

"I don't blame you for wanting to skip it. There are certain questions I'd want to skip if you asked them as well. Now look here, we're not such strangers." he winked quickly before looking down at his glass and pushing it forward, out of his immediate reach. "I was asking because I'm thinking of taking a swim. And I think I will. Care to join me?" he turned back to the blank, crooked smile fully on his lips now. "If you think you can keep up, that is." Good luck to him. Keeping up with Mace. He held back the scoff well, but internally, he knew what the outcome of that race would be. Plus... he didn't like admitting it, but a small part of him wondered what the young man looked like stripped down... or at least shirtless.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Mace's beautiful lavenders met an single ice eye and Kyo wanted to say he had such beautiful eyes but that isn't a very Manly thing to say so he kept it to himself for now. His ice looked out at the water right when Mace had turned to look at it. A swim did sound nice and this was a private beach with other houses. Quite a lucky spot. Kyo got up and pushed the chair in as he stretched. "A dip sounds fine. I must admit though I am a pretty good swimmer just a fair warning." He said as he went to bedroom and removed his shirt. "We can discuss my family later and I have to admit we aren't strangers anymore like you said. So lets have at it with this race." He said walking back out on the deck with some basketball shorts on.

Last edited by Kyo on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Mace waited for Kyo to finish speaking, simply following him into th ehouse and over to the staircase. "We'll see just how good of a swimmer you are." he smirked, allowing Kyo to start descending before the door closed so he could get past into his room.

As he changed, he didn't allow any thoughts to flow into his mind except those of the water. After Kylan died, he didn't even have the energy left to do that. He sat for about a year, a complete vegetable, then he threw himself into his work. But now he was back on a normal schedule, right? After he found this new job, at least. Idly, he wondered if the patrons or children back in Russia missed him, or wondered where he was. Of course he'd had to go into the school and explain to them that he was moving to Japan, and they all wanted to know why. But he couldn't very well say "Because my life is over and I'm driving myself to suicide." so he told them he was going as a vacation. A long one; an extended one. And they believed him.

He cut the thought off. No, he was supposed to be blank, not losing himself in memories again.

Stepping back outside, his eyes met a very shirtless Kyo, and he turned away (pretending to look at the neighbors houses) so the young man wouldn't see the faint blush tinging his cheeks. Wow, he was quite attractive. "No swim trunks, then? Just another thing to add to the list." he nodded once and walked into the sand, sighing with relief at the feeling of the sand between his toes, still warm from the day.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:49 pm

When Mace went to his room Kyo took a rubberband and tied his hair up. "I am a good swimmer. You will see Mr. Ubiitsa" He cooed more to himself in the air rather than to Mace himself. Kyo felt pretty good about his swimming abilities and he knew he would do fine. Taking in the air he sighed in content as he touched the damaged skin of his eye. Mace might be able to see such a hideous thing and he sighed. It is cut with a large scar and it was sown shut long ago. Sighing he looked out at the water as Mace returned. Such a crazy yet sexy man. Even for his age He thought as Mace walked out onto the sands. His hips swayed and Kyo caught himself looking again. Shaking his head he chuckled. "Fine we will play by your rules mister. But I will have you know. Don't count me out of the race just yet. I am pretty good just so you know. So no crying if I win housemate." He said chuckling to himself as he joined the other on the beach and smirked as his toes soaked up the warm sand around them. "So where to?" He asked as he looked out at the water.
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:31 pm

"See the light right out there?" he asked with his own crooked smirk, pointing out over the water. "That's the buoy marking the end of the swimming zone. It's there so boats don't get too close to shore, and also so they know there's people after that point, so they need to stay away. The water there is about... 25 feet? something like that. If you don't think you'll drown, we'll go there." If Kyo didn't find it safe to swim out that far, they wouldn't, though. He wouldn't put the young man in danger. Especially not on the first night they even knew each other.

Stretching his arms upward and yawning widely, he added "I think after this I'll head in and go to bed. Schooling a kid once is enough for a night. When you lose, maybe we'll try again tomorrow." he didn't bother telling Kyo about his phenomenal swim record. The blank would see that soon enough anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:35 am

As he looked out aver the blue waters he saw Mace point to a light that rested on a bouy. His smirk just grew as he nodded his head. "End of the swimming Zone got it. But don't some people ride what are those Ski Doos or whatever." He asked curiously as he his Ice Eye looked over at his partner. He smiled as he thought about just how much he was going to teach his housemate a lesson. "25ft....sounds nice and deep. Got big fish over there? I can swim don't panic." he chuckled being silly and yet having a great time. To think he lucked out getting to know this man. Meeting a future teacher of a school he has to go and apply for in the morning and yet learning a bit of it. He turned and chuckled. "Me lose alright we will see. I am a kid learning anyways." he stuck out his tongue and walked to the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunger's Abode    Hunger's Abode  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunger's Abode
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Loveless: Redemption :: RP Archive :: Ended RPs-
Jump to: