Loveless: Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loveless: Redemption

The Loveless Role Playing Forum with Original Twists!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Proboards or Forummotion Welcom10
Proboards or Forummotion Lr_nav10
Proboards or Forummotion Lr_des11
Proboards or Forummotion Promot10
Proboards or Forummotion Suppor10
Proboards or Forummotion Partne10
Proboards or Forummotion Unit_n10
Proboards or Forummotion Blank_10
Proboards or Forummotion Rogue_10
Proboards or Forummotion Fighte10
Proboards or Forummotion Sacrif10
Proboards or Forummotion Rp_wea10
Proboards or Forummotion Weathe10
Proboards or Forummotion Academ10
Proboards or Forummotion Fight_10
Proboards or Forummotion Club_v10
Proboards or Forummotion Fortun10
Proboards or Forummotion Tori_n10
Proboards or Forummotion Rp_nav10
Proboards or Forummotion End_na10

Proboards or Forummotion

Go down 
+2
Ace
Kyo
6 posters

Should We stay with Forummotion or move to Proboards?
Forummotion
Proboards or Forummotion Vote_b11100%Proboards or Forummotion Vote_b12
 100% [ 5 ]
Proboards
Proboards or Forummotion Vote_b110%Proboards or Forummotion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
See another Free Forum Hosting
Proboards or Forummotion Vote_b110%Proboards or Forummotion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

Proboards or Forummotion Empty
PostSubject: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 4:38 pm

So this has been floating around and some people dislike Forummotion so here is a vote. Proboards or Forummotion?

Proboard example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please keep in mind some special features require payments which I can not afford to do right now until this forum is complete and on a roll. I am doing everything I can to make this forum great so explore this before answering the question.
Back to top Go down
http://theartistconcept.com
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 6:03 pm

There's nothing wrong with Forummotion for this particular RPG, so why give you all the extra work of starting over on a completely different site?
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 pm

It was a suggestion by at least 3 people who are also on different forums. So I just want to see what others think.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

Location : Lost in the maze of life, but lucky for me I gotta a map!

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 am

Personally, I don't mind either one. Though Proboards is rather mean to my internet/comp setup and I tend to have a lot of problems with those forums but its not all about me. If others would like a different forum hosting site better than who am I to argue? They each have their pros and their cons.

I just don't want to put a crap-ton of extra work on you Rose but if it is decided that we'll move then I'll do the best I can to make the move go as smoothly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

Thank you Tsu. So far may have old computers and Forumotion isn't all that bad after we learn the new system. Forumotion is winning but again I like to give people options.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 am

Of course. ^^. Like I said, its not all about me. I just thought I'd add to the discussion, but if everyone feels like we'd have a better experience on another hosting site, that's fine. I shall do my upmost to make sure that both you and everyone here is happy. ^_^
Back to top Go down
fire

fire

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Forummotion. we already have everything here and believe me that proboards' latest release/upgrade was much nastier to existing forums than forummotions' was. plus they have this weird log on screen when you have it set to force log ins to see the forum (yay experience)
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 pm

I would love to vote on this, but it won't let me?? Just shows me the results?? I know I haven't voted yet... Someone please help?? ^^;
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 am

I'm sorry dear. The poll was set to end in two weeks after it was posted up. That's why it won't let you vote. However, since you missed the deadline, I don't see why you can't just cast your vote in comments down here. That way you can still be counted. ^^

Would you like to stay here or move over to Proboards?
Back to top Go down
Calidane

Calidane

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 am

Hm... I feel like that isn't really a lot of time, especially for people like myself, who want to come online more often than they're able to. But that's a completely different subject.

Personally, I do like forummotion, but I would have to go with proboards. Not because I want you guys to have to go through the work of resettling a site, but because one, I feel as though proboards is more of a modern type of forum, whereas the one we have now dredges up memories of f+s, Chou, and Alculard. Those boards date (for me, at least) back to almost ten years ago. I know that not many from here were on f+s, but some were, and they would probably agree that the memory makes this setup feel a bit outdated. The second reason I would choose proboards is because, if you look at the hunger games site used as an example, the "damage calculator" is a much easier setup and seems much more convenient than the extensive "roll of fate" calculator we use. No offense intended, as I know insane amounts of work went into setting that up, but proboards allows an easier fighting system. And we shouldn't forget that this site is based off a series with fighting at it's core. We don't use the battle system enough here, and I'm starting to wonder if that's why this place has become as slow as it has. If we revamped the entire thing, used a code-friendly (and by that I mean easier on poor Rose, who works on this place more than anyone) site, and made the fighting system easier to grasp, I think we could attract more members.
Back to top Go down
Hayashi

Hayashi

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 pm

I agree with Sam. I role play my Niall OC on a Twilight RP ProBoards site, and I must admit I like it a lot better! It has a means of tagging the member you're RPing with so they know exactly when and where you replied. This way you don't have to click 100 links to get to your reply. You also don't have to wait for the scroll to restart if you missed it on the side.

Another feature (and IDK of the ADMINs of the site edited this or not) is that the CB is at the bottom of every. single. page. No matter where you click, if you scroll all the way to the bottom it's there. This way, if you want to reply, while still maintaining your activity within the conversation, you now can. You can also set up icons of your face claim as well. Minor things I know but those are the features I always found really cool/helpful.

Ans Sam has a very valid point. I don't know about the rest of the fighters, but Tina and I have sat down before and spent hours planning out and wording spells just right for the fighters within our units. (Mostly because Tina's better with words than I am but that's beside the point)

The point is I have entire notebooks with spells my fighters would normally use, and not once, since joining this site, have they ever been used. Not many of you remember S + F but the one thing I loved about it was the fact that there were spell battles everywhere. That was what made me want to become a fighter in the first place. Because of the freedom that came with using words to protect and fight for you.

Like Sam said, one of the main points of LOVELESS was the spell battles. Was the thrill and creativity that the fighters could work with their spells. A loveless site without battles is almost like a PB&J sandwich without the bread. There's nothing really holding it together.

I think that if we move to a PB site, the spell battles would be easier to set up, maintain and execute. Not to mention that yes, the layout would be much easier for Rose to maintain and change if and when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko

Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:31 am

Thanks so much for voting you two, especially since you're both so busy! *hugs*

Plus, you did bring up some valid points that some of us might not have known about. I certainly didn't know that Proboards had those options, so that's really something to consider as well. Thank you for the valuable intel as well. ^^

So that makes the new tally ---> Forumotion: 5 and Proboards: 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proboards or Forummotion   Proboards or Forummotion Empty

Back to top Go down

Proboards or Forummotion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Loveless: Redemption :: Welcome Mat :: Welcome and NonRP Area-
Jump to: