Loveless: Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loveless: Redemption

The Loveless Role Playing Forum with Original Twists!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Welcom10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Lr_nav10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Lr_des11
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Promot10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Suppor10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Partne10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Unit_n10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Blank_10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Rogue_10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Fighte10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Sacrif10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Rp_wea10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Weathe10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Academ10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Fight_10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Club_v10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Fortun10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Tori_n10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Rp_nav10
Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] End_na10

Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Empty
PostSubject: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Kayley didn’t know what to think as she stood in line, ticket in one hand – carry on in the white-knuckled other - to board the flight to Japan. It was eight a.m. and she’d been at the airport since five; she wasn’t extremely alert, or happy about it. 15 hours of being trapped in a flying can thousands of feet above the earth….joy. Her black ears pressed against her purple haired head as she stepped forward to give her papers to the attendant. A curt smile, a nod, and receiving her papers back, she was sent through the gate and into the suspended walkway.

She had never been in a plane before, and truthfully she was afraid – she never was a fan of heights. She had done what her mother told her to do – to grab a few doses of sleeping pills, her headphones, and sleep the flight away. She curled up in her seat, which happened to be a window seat, and quickly closed the blinds.
Goodbye ground, I knew thee well. She sighed as she turned away to rummage through her bag for her laptop and other things. She had worn a pair of black yoga pants and plain black shirt for the flight there, comfort was more on her mind than looks.

She slipped into the bathroom while the plane filled to take care of business. A mouthful of water downed with the pills, quick use of the toilet, and she was out again in a few minutes.
15 frukin hours. She sighed, ears lowering as she walked down the aisle to her seat and strapped in for take-off. She slipped her headphones over her ears, her neko ears folding comfortably against her head under the band, and curled up under her favorite blanket. She placed her laptop on the fold-out tray, plugged the power adaptor up, and threw ITunes on shuffle. She was sleeping to the sounds of Lacuna Coil shortly after takeoff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She awoke about ten hours later to a quiet cabin. Almost all the passengers were asleep, and the stewardesses wandered aimlessly around the cabin. Kayley shifted in her seat and she found she wasn’t buckled in; she chewed at her lip and figured that one of the stewardesses did it and it irked her. She sniffed and quickly stood, immediately falling back into her seat as her legs gave out to the pins-and-needles sensation. She growled as she worked them out for a good ten minutes, and about that time the stewardess passed by.

Kayley sighed,
”Ano….Sumimasen, mizu, onegai shimasu?* The woman stepped away with a smile and Kayley stood without incident this time. She grabbed a change of clothes and slipped into the bathroom, the engine’s roar sent chills up her spine; it was louder than in the cabin. She splashed water on her face to try and wake herself the rest of the way up, finished other business, and changed into the fresh set of clothes. Now wearing jeans and a striped tank, she slipped back into her seat and popped the latest “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie into the dvd-rom drive. About five more hours left. This and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows pt.2 and we should be there. Good time management. She smiled as the stewardess handed her the water and she downed half of the bottle.

She dozed on and off throughout both movies, and was suddenly shaken awake by a stewardess. Evidently it was landing time, and time to buckle up. She looked at the clock on her laptop…it was nearly 11 at night wasn’t it? She opened the shade to peek out the window and was met with daylight. . .
Bright! She slammed the shade back down, seeing spots and shook her head. Derp…..13 hour difference plus the 2 extra flight hours. “Feeeeeeck.” She whined to herself and sighed. As she packed her things away into her carry-on, she counted the hours in her head and frowned, That means it’s probably 2pm here…oh that’s just great. She was brought back to the world when a violent bump sent her flying upwards, only to be pulled back by the belt. She stared up at the ceiling with a grumble, “ Watashi wa, kono tonde iru suzu ga deki oriru no o matsu koto wa dekimasen.*

She practically jumped from her seat the moment the captain said they could disembark. She made a beeline towards baggage pickup, looking around at the sea of faces there, though none made any move for her. She wondered who the person was that was going to pick her up. She shrugged as her luggage moved past her, grabbed it off the belt and rolled it after her to a nearby book store. She’d probably hear someone shouting her name soon…that would be good enough for her to know who had come from the school. She drew out a pair of thick-rimmed glasses and slipped them on to help her see the titles. She hadn’t even entered the store when something sitting on an outside shelf caught her eye,
Oohhh….. Obert Skye, she stood, leaning against the store window, and became glued to the pages of a familiar author; looking every part the book worm. And she still had a line of sight to the baggage claim...if she had the sense to look up every now and again, and not zone out.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AmayaRoselin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Kyrie spun the car keys around her finger. This was not her idea of a fun day. Since she had agreed to be Malik’s little experiment many days had ended up like this. With her feeling more like his errand boy than his pupil. This time it made sense though. She wasn’t sure exactly what the purpose of her presence was, but she knew that if he had sent her to pick up a new unit member that there was a reason. A test possibly. He could be testing her, she could be testing the new sacrifice. Maybe she would get to play with her a while. The sacrifice has stopped trying to figure out Malik’s plan. It didn’t bother her, how she was being used, as long as she was taking steps towards accomplishing her own goals the world could fall apart around her for all she cared.

Emerald eyes traced her way up and down the girl. She had read this girl’s file, nothing remarkable jumped out. The new recruit was 18, a little late to start her training but with the school it would be no time before she was whipped into shape. Kyrie would have recognized the girl by her undisguised ring, even if she hadn’t memorized the face that went with the file. The new sacrifice was standing, enveloped in a book. Kyrie slipped behind her, quietly and clasped her hands over the girl’s shoulders. “Lesson one…” She whispered into the girl’s ear. “Someone is always looking for you.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 am

Kayley felt a hard shiver run down her spine as hands clasped onto her shoulders. ”Lesson one….someone is always looking for you." A woman's voice met her ears quietly, but it wasn’t enough to stop what was about to happen. Coming from a small community, her father insisted she had some kind of self-defense knowledge from an early age, especially with the trigger that she had. She stiffened, letting out a held breath, Go for the shin, then the chin…. she thought to herself as she felt the familiar feeling of the blackout creeping up to muddle her mind.

In a second she’d limbered back out, and without saying anything she’d let the book fall to the ground. She froze for a few more seconds before she kicked back with her right foot, hoping to knock the person’s leg out from under them, and jabbed back and up with her elbow, if she couldn’t catch the jaw as she fell, she could at least catch something before-hand. . . or nothing at all. It was Japan after all, and there were many people much more skilled than her in fighting and defense; but it didn’t mean she’d go anywhere without a fight with some unknown person who’d grabbed her. It was a scene, but the other had caused it by doing the one thing that got her to snap. ”If there’s someone always looking for me, is there one to look for you?” Kayley’s spoken words didn’t always make sense in this state … if the woman understood - more power to her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:59 pm

A smile crept over Kyrie’s face. This one had a little fight in her. She would be a fun. The purple haired sacrifice let one of her feet be kicked out from under her. “They’ve found me” She spoke quietly in response as she fell. Shifting her weight, Kyrie let herself accelerate towards the extended elbow. A sickening crack filled the air as the collision occurred. As she hit the ground, a laugh escaped her lips.

“Lesson two: Every bruise you put on my face, pretty lady, will be returned to yours tenfold.” After the words, she spit some blood on the floor. Emerald eyes raised to meet the new sacrifice’s. “Don’t worry though, that’s just a cracked tooth. My jaw’s fine. Big girls can handle a lot more than that.” The emerald eyes woman extended her hand to be helped up, expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Kayley’s ears perked forward as she spun around on her heels to look at the woman. The laugh that greeted her was something that was definitely a surprise . . . it wasn’t the usual response she’d heard back home. Who is this person? She tilted her head slightly to the left before she looked away and scoffed, ”I highly doubt that. I may not be a master, but my training’s enough.”

She looked back at the woman, just as emerald eyes looked up to meet her naturally brown ones.
”Glad to hear it. Care to come at me again?” She hissed, ears flattening against her scalp. However, when the woman extended a hand, Kayley took a step back; looking from the gloved hand to the woman and back. Her mouth screwed up in a confused frown as her tail flicked agitatedly behind her, but after a few moments she extended her hand and clasped hold of the woman’s wrist and lightly tugged up and towards her torso.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Another laugh from Kyrie as she let herself be helped up. “That was the right thing to do. In this situation at least. You shouldn’t always. Sometime you have to leave the dogs on the ground.” She gave a little wink. “I’m not one of those dogs though.” The sacrifice dusted off her elbows, as if they had been dirtied even though the ground seemed to be clean. It was more for effect than anything else. “Don’t overestimate yourself. Where you are about to go people have been training their whole lives. And I won’t be the one who will be paying you back. I don’t like teaching lessons that way. But I’ll have no problem telling them who is responsible for this.” She gestured to her face, already bruising form the impact.

After a moment Kyrie nodded towards the car rental pickup. “Let’s get moving. I bet you’re excited to start your new life.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 am

”I was taught to have respect for your adversaries. Once the fight is decided, win or lose, someone learns a lesson.” Kayley reached back to grab her bag, twisting it around so she could roll it. She waved a hand, gesturing for the woman to lead the way out of the airport after she dusted herself off. Her face screwed into shocked confusion as the woman continued to speak, “Training? The email I received said nothing about training. Training for what?” She paused, sighing, ”And I’ll have no problem telling them it’s a quirk, an accident. Had I known you were from the school none of this would have happened.” She sighed, regaining her composure as the quiet woman she normally was.

She started walking, hoping the woman would explain things as they moved along. She kept her eyes forward as she spoke, ”You obviously know who I am, but who are you?” She looked at the woman this time, still keeping up the walking pace , ”What’s your name?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Again, Kyrie could not help laughing. “An accident? There is no forgiveness for accidents.” She gave the girl a sideward glance, unsure as to how much she should . “Through a series of events which are completely none of your business, I have given my body to the school. I am therefore the school’s property. You have damaged me. You will have to pay.”

Kyrie took long, quick steps but made sure to keep beside the new sacrifice. She like watching the girl’s facial expressions. The new ones were always fun. “I guess the letter they sent you doesn’t say much, does it? It’s more fun this way." Her eyes narrowed at the last inquiry. “That’s a bold question to ask in our world, my dear. You can call my Kyrie. That is the only name of mine you will get for now.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:36 pm

((yay internet's back))

Kayley sighed, hanging her head slightly, ”Great. Not even a few hours in Japan, not even at the school, and I’ve already done something to warrant punishment of some kind.” She muttered, mentally kicking herself. She removed her glasses and stuck them in the half-open purse hanging from her shoulder with another sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose, massaging it.

She dropped her hand and looked at Kyrie, ”Nothing really pertaining to the school was in the letter. It made me more confused than anything . . . I don’t know anything about the school I’m going to attend other than my way has been paid. “ She shrugged, ”Such an odd way of going about things. For all I know I could end up an experiment or something.” She let out a dry laugh. ”What other name would I be talking about besides the one you’re called?” She had raised an eyebrow to Kyrie’s response as she stepped through the automatic doors leading out of the airport.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 pm

The sacrifice cocked her head at the girl’s joke. So much closer to reality than the other girl could ever imagine at this point. “An experiment?... It could quite easily come to that.” She shrugged her shoulders. “I’m not aware of the exact plans for you. It’s not really my place to know. I’m just going to drop you off. Like I said, running these sorts of errands isn’t part of my regular duties.” She informed the girl again, in a voice that betrayed the arrogance of someone in a position above that of chauffeur.

A blast of air hit her as the exited the building. She took the few steps to the road and knocked on the window of the first cab in a long line of cabs. Once she had gotten the driven attention, and come to a deal she opened the door for the other sacrifice. “Get in. I’ll give you a minute to ask me any questions you may have. Then I’ll have to send you on your way.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:39 am

Kayley’s eyes widened slightly, and her ears pinned back against her head at Kyrie’s response to her would-be joke. She remained quiet for the remainder of the short walk to the line of taxis. She noted that Kyrie seemed to find herself above fetching new students, and sighed as she stuffed her bags in the trunk and slipped into the cab.

She waited in silence as the cab started up and pulled away from the airport before she quickly volleyed off a series of questions, ”You said running these sort of errands aren’t part of your regular duties. What is it you normally do then? What exactly goes on in the school that they didn’t want to let me know before I got here? Is it classified, experimental, something that would cause a panic should it get out? And why me? They never gave explanation as to why they chose me.” She ended in a quiet murmur, glancing up at Kyrie with questioning eyes. Her ears suddenly perked up and she looked at Kyrie head-on, "Oh! And if you're leaving me so quickly...could you at least point me in the direction of the dorms before you do?"

((Ok XD I'm back for good now. Internet decided to still give us troubles...hopefully that's the end of it.))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:04 pm

The sacrifice shook her head slowly, running her fingers through her long purple locks and sighing at her mistakes. Had she been accustom to this sort of chore, she would have known much better than to open the floor up to questions. She truly was not used to these newcomers. “You are just so noisy.” She paused, considering what her answers would be to the long stream of questions would be. Or if she would give answers at all.

“What I do is none of your business. I hope if we meet again you’ve quieted down some and learnt your place. Maybe then I’ll tell you.” Her eyes narrowed and she smiled sweetly at the girl. “We play a fun little survival game here. They picked you because you have some of the necessary qualities to play the game.” Kyrie let a dark chuckle escape from her lips. “Though if they were to ask me, I would tell them you certainly don’t have enough to win.” She relaxed into the seat of the car, closing her eyes. “Sure.” She left the monosyllabic answer to the girls’ final question hang in the air. “Just wake me when we get there.”
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:07 pm

This Thread is under a Temporary lock since the members are under the Hiatus Status. I will restore it once all members have returned fully.
Back to top Go down
http://theartistconcept.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]   Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked] Empty

Back to top Go down

Give Me Something Worth the Sacrifice [Hiatus Locked]
Page 1 of 1